Culture and science
- Festive celebrations dedicated to the Day of Knowledge took place at the primary school of the Russian Embassy in Slovenia. The festive event was opened by Russian Ambassador to Slovenia D. Zavgaev. He congratulated the teachers, students and their parents with the beginning of the school year and wished every success in acquiring new knowledge.
- The RCSC opened a photo exhibition "Russian North. Sketches from Yamal"
- The RCSC hosted a concert of chamber chorus "Kaluga".
- At the RCSC in Ljubljana citizen of Slovenia Sasha Slavetsa was awarded with a medal in the name of N. Karamzin, "The Messenger of Europe" for his contribution to the development of cultural and social ties between Slovenia and Russia.
- In the Large and Small Halls of RCSC in Ljubljana opened an exhibition of artists from Siberia, members of the Union of Artists of Russia Alexander Babichev and Alexei Kuryachy. In this exhibition, titled "Novosibirsk - Ljubljana", they presented more than 60 works performed in a variety of techniques.
- By the invitation of the Mayor of the town Lyutomer, Ms. O. Karby, the collective of the Russian Centre Science and Culture has taken part in the festival week, organized by the city municipality.
- In the Great Hall of the RCSC in Ljubljana in the framework of the international music festival "Summer in Old Ljubljana" took place a concert with the participation of young musicians - our compatriot from Slovenia cellist Katya Melnikova and Slovenian guitarist Yura churchmen.
- In the Great Hall of the Russian Centre of Science and Culture, the first retrospective showing of the series "Adaptations of the Russian Classics."
- The People's Friendship University of Russia in Moscow, hosted the Second International Family Olympiad of Russian language for families from foreign countries, which is organized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and the People's Friendship University with the support of the State Duma Committee on Education.
- In celebrations of the All-Russia Day of Family, Love and Faithfulness readers of the Russian Centre of Science and Culture in Ljubljana were able to see an exhibition of books for family reading "Read Together" and see the documentary feature film by Arthur Videnmeera "Peter and Fevronia. Story of Eternal love" about the patrons of marriage Saints Peter and Fevronia of Murom.
- The National Library of Slovenia with the assistance of the Russian Centre of Culture and Science opened an exhibition "Books build bridges."
- The Russian Centre of Science and Culture in Ljubljana hosted the meeting with the leaders of the Yegor Gaidar Foundation, during this meeting the opening of a photo exhibition dedicated to a Russian economist- reformer took place as well as the presentation of the magazine "The Messenger of Europe" published by the Foundation.
- In Slovenia and Croatia, with organizational and sponsorship support of the Russian Center for Science and Culture in Ljubljana, took place highly successful performances of Russian folk ensemble of sacred music "Svetilen" from the city of Ivanovo.
-Performances of the State of the Volga Russian Folk Choir of P.M.Miloslavova took place in Slovenia. The concerts were organized by the Russian Centre of Science and Culture in Slovenia in the framework of the festival "Maribor - European Capital of Culture 2012".
- RCSC in Ljubljana opened an exhibition of a Moscow artist and poet Nina Silaeva.
- In celebrations of the Day of the Russian language the Russian Centre of Science and Culture hosted a literary concert "Freedom's Sower", in the memory of the great Russian poet Alexander Pushkin.
- At the Russian Centre of Science and Culture in Ljubljana diplomas were awarded to the participants of All-Slovenian Olympics in Russian language, which was held at the RCSC in April.
- At the RCSC in Ljubljana opened an exhibition of Vitaly Isayev and Edward Belsky, artists working in the style of ethnic art.
- At the RCSC in Ljubljana took place another meeting in the framework of the "Gymnasia day at the RCSC" - a large-scale and long-term program, developed by the center for all educational institutions of Slovenia, which teach Russian language.
- The "Sokol house" in the town Skofja Loka near Ljubljana hosted the Gala concert of the winners of the International Festival of Russian romance "Keep me, my mascot" the concert has been organized and carried out in Slovenia for the first time by the Russian Centre of Science and Culture.
- Second course students of the Skofja Loka Gymnasia visited the Russian Center of Culture and Science in Ljubljana.
- At the RCSC in Ljubljana opened a photo exhibition "News from Russia," by Zala Pavshich, a student of Faculty of Philosophy, University of Ljubljana.
- As part of the "Gymnasia Day at RCSC" primary school students from coastal towns Koper and Izola visited the Russian Centre of Science and Culture in Ljubljana.
- The RCSC hosted the first lecture-concert of the series "Russian musical tradition", dedicated to the life and works of Tchaikovsky.
- The RCSC jointly with the Serbian Society of Slovenia "Vukova Zaduzbina” hosted a meeting devoted to the creators of the Old Church Slavonic language, Orthodox preachers Cyril and Methodius, who played a major role in the development of Slavic Literature and Culture.
- A literary concert of the artist of the Moscow State Philharmonic Society, Honored Artist of the Russian Federation Yuri Dubov took place in the Great Hall of the RCSC in Ljubljana.
- Gala - concert of the leading soloists of the Mariinsky Ballet in Maribor within the framework of the “Maribor-European Capital of Culture 2012”
- Gala-concert of the International Festival of Russian children’s songs “Merry Wind” with participation of the Big Children’s Choir of Radio and Television Russia in Maribor within the framework of the “Maribor-European Capital of Culture 2012”
- Tobolsk drama theater of P.Ershova performed a play of a Slovene playwright M.Zhupanchicha “Class” in Kranj and Ptuj within the framework of the “Maribor-European Capital of Culture 2012”
- At the RCSC in Ljubljana the presentation of Russian-Slovenian book “The Russian-Slovenian relations in documents (XII – 1941) with participation of the compiler - Doctor of Historical Sciences I. Churkina
- All Slovenia Contest in Russian language for high school students of the second and third year studying Russian language was held in the Russian Center of Sciences and Culture in Ljubljana
- At the RCSC in Ljubljana, in a solemn ceremony opened the club of Russian Cinema
- As part of the International Festival of Photography held in Ljubljana the Russian Center of Science and Culture (RCSC) hosted a master class of the famous Russian photographer Y. Kozyrev for photographers from around the world
- At the RCSC in Ljubljana the presentation of new publications of Russian translations of Slovenian writers in a joint Russian-Slovenian project “Slovenian Verb” with participation of the General Director of the All-Russian Library of Foreign Literature E. Genieva
- At the Moscow Theater “School of Modern Drama”, took place the premiere of the play “Feast” by the Slovenian playwright Simona Semenič
- An Exhibition “In the mirror of time. The people of Russia through the eyes of photographers of the 19th and early 20th centuries” opened in Maribor within the framework of the “Maribor- European Capital of Culture 2012”
- At the Concern Hall of the Tchaikovsky Moscow State Philharmonic performed the Slovenian singer M. Izmaylova
- In the framework of the “Maribor-European Capital of Culture 2012” in the cities Murska Sobota and Ljubljana there have been performances of ballroom dance ensemble “Rhythm” from the city of Petrozavodsk (Karelia).
- At the RCSC in Ljubljana, within the framework of the international program “Russian Language outside of Russia” an educational-methodical seminar for Slovenian teachers of Russian language took place with participation of educational and publishing center “Zlatoust” (St. Petersburg)
- Russian Theater Studio from Budapest performed at the RCSC in Ljubljana with the play “Doctor Chekhov”
- Days of Russian documentary films in Slovenia with participation of the House of the Russian Émigré named after Alexander Solzhenitsin and the film studio “Russkiy Put” (Moscow) took place in the Russian Center of Science and Culture in Ljubljana
- Grand opening of the library at the Russian Center of Science and Culture (RCSC) in Ljubljana
- Russian Center of Science and Culture (RCSC) in Ljubljana held a Slovenian-Russian Workshop “Bilingual Children: education and upbringing” involving A. Barkan- professor of child psychology, the president of the International Union of Integration of Russian speaking parents living abroad.
- Performances of folk choreographic group “Kalinka” of Dubna (Moscow Region) took place in the cities of Ptuj, Murska Sobota and Nova Gorica in the framework of the “Maribor-European Capital of Culture 2012”