H.E. Mr Doku G. Zavgaev
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Slovenia
Born in 1940.
Graduated from Gorsky Agricultural Institute in 1966 (speciality – mechanical engineer) and from the Academy of Social Science of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (CPSU) Central Committee in 1984.
Has a PhD in Economics.
Active member of the Russian Academy of Engineering.
– Head of a state farm.
– Chairman of the Nadterechny County Executive Committee.
– Head of the Republican state farms administration;
Minister of Agriculture of the Chechen-Ingush ASSR.
– Head of Section, Secretary, Second Secretary,
– Chairman of the Supreme Council of the Chechen-Ingush Republic.
– Member of the Commission on Social and Economic Development of the Republics of the Russian Federation, Supreme Council of the Russian Federation.
– Head of the Section of Social and Economic Issues of the Republics of the Russian Federation, Territorial Department, Presidential Executive Office.
– Head of the Government of the Chechen Republic;
Head of the Chechen Republic.
– Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the United Republic of Tanzania.
– Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation; Director General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Since September 2009
– Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Slovenia.
Elected member of the Supreme Soviet of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic (three terms) and the Council of the Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation.
Has the rank of the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary.
Decorated with the country’s highest honours.